As everyone knows, tobacco use is bad for your health. Most of us think of tobacco use in relation to cancer. But did you know that it can lead to problems with everything from an increased risk of Type II diabetes to an increase in muscle aches and pains? If you’re looking for a reason to stop smoking/chewing, we can provide you with some food for thought and hopefully a nudge in the right direction.
- Premature aging and wrinkling
- Increased risk of cataracts and macular degeneration
- Increased risk of cavities and gum disease
- High blood pressure
- Increased danger of developing blood clots
- Decreased oxygen levels in your blood
- Increased risk of developing heart disease
- Mild to moderate hearing loss
- Chronic coughing with mucous
- Scarred lungs and/or emphysema
- Blocked arteries
- Lengthened healing times
- Increased risk of broken bones
At SoundBridge we care about your health and want you to be successful in smoking/chewing cessation if that’s your desire. We’re here to answer questions, provide motivation and monitor your oral health for any changes over time.
www.smokefree.gov is an excellent resource that can help you with everything from making a plan to quit to managing withdrawal symptoms and triggers with everything in between. Please let us know if we can be of any help to you!
Oops! We could not locate your form.